Office 365 is a Cloud based technology that has many advanced options in comparison to the other email clients, such as-
- Allows its user to work from anywhere
- Collaborate the team easily (Everyone who needs to can work on the same version)
- Access the latest version of Office 365 without any cost
- Subscription-Based Payment
- Most secure Email client server
- Reduces risks of losing the data
How to Perform EDB to Office 365 Migration
It is a two-step process to migrate your Exchange EDB files to Office 365 using the manual procedure. The first step (ExMerge.exe) helps you to convert EDB files to PST and the second step allows to Import PST files to Office 365.
Step 1- Using the ExMerge.exe Procedure to convert EDB files to PST-
- Launch the ExMerge.exe on your local server. The Microsoft Exchange
Mailbox Merge Wizard will open >> Click Next to start the
- Now select the procedure: either One Step Procedure or Two Step Procedure.
- Now select either on-step procedure (Extract and Import) or Two step
procedure (Extract or Import). Select the second option – Extract or
Import (Two Step Procedure) and click Next
- Under the Two Step Procedure wizard, select the Step 1: Extract data from an Exchange Server Mailbox option >> Click Next.
- When a new dialog box pops up, then click Import Procedure tab, and select Archive Data to Target Store option. Click Ok.
- On Message Details tab, fill up the information >> click Ok.
- All the mailboxes are listed here, select the ones that you want to export. Click Next.
- Select the location where you want to store PST file. Click on Next to continue
- Here you need to select a folder for the new PST file. Click Change Folder. Click Next to continue the process.
- It’ll take a couple of minutes to complete this process. Finally, click Finish.
Step 2- Process to Perform PST to Office 365 migration
- Add Office 365 account to your MS Outlook
- Open the Import / Export wizard
- Go to the “Import from another program or file: Option” > Click Next
- Choose “Outlook Data File (.pst)”. Click Next and browse for the converted PST file
- Follow the options given on the Wizard -> At last click Finish.
NOTE- What to do if Exchange Server is Corrupted or Inaccessible
To convert corrupt or inaccessible Exchange server data, first of all you need to recover your Exchange server. To recover an Exchange server database, it is recommended to use ESEUTIL and ISInteg utility.
These are command based utilities that allow the user to fix
minor corruption issues of EDB files. By default, these utilities are
installed at – \exchsrvr\bin. To recover an EDB file, follow the below
- Run Eseutil with switch p ‘Eseutil\p‘- (To repair EDB file)
- Run Eseutil with switch d ‘Eseutil\d‘- (To Defrag the recovered files)
- Run integrity check tool Isinteg to analyze integrity status of the recovered EDB files.
Run Isinteg command
“c:\program files\exchsrvr\bin>isinteg -s servername -fix -test alltests”
- Then run Isinteg\g to recheck the EDB accuracy parameters
- Use the administrative tools to mount the recovered Exchange database
Quick Option to Migrate EDB to Office 365
As we can see the above given manual method is a lengthy and complex
procedure, and it’s also not a foolproof solution to migrate mailbox
data. To be on a safer side, you can use a quick third party solution,
which is specialized to export EDB to Office 365.
EDB to PST Converter is capable to perform quick data migration from even corrupt or inaccessible Exchange EDB files. It saves a lot of time, money and efforts.
Advantages of using Third-party solution to Export EDB to Office 365
- Migrate multiple EDB mailboxes to Office 365 simultaneously
- Users can migrate all or even selected items and folders.
- Displays the preview of EDB and Office 365 on a single screen
- Copy-Paste any folder, item from EDB to Office 365 directly.