The very first question that emerges in the user’s mind before reading the article is why to delete OST File from Outlook 2016/2013/2010/2007/2003/2000? In this blog we will come across various perspectives that will change our mind set completely and help you in resolving the issues to recreate ost file in outlook 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 in an effective manner. So, stay tuned to the entire article and come across the possible solutions to do so.
Outlook keeps up its information into two file formats one is .pst and the second one is .ost. There are different reasons that can hamper OST files effortlessly and confine to perform working of Outlook. Be that as it may, the most well-known reasons for .ost file deletion is Virus and Synchronization issues. In these circumstances, Outlook demonstrates the abnormal result. To settle these issues client can both delete existing .ost record and resynchronize MS Outslook with Exchange server or give try an expert solution like Outlook OST Recovery Software. Both the strategies have their own upsides and downsides.
It is suggested that before deleting .ost file from Outlook and then opt for the updated backup. In case you delete OST File all the changes made offline are lost. What’s more, subsequent to synchronizing Outlook with Exchange Server, other OST file is made. In any case, here may be the possibility of data loss, so it’s a recommendation to download any proficient wizard and fix OST file issues.Get tuned to lear methods to build ost file in Outlook 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007.
Delete OST File from Outlook 2016/2013/2010/2007/2000- Technical Trivia
Deleting OST files is very simple in case you know the storage location where these files are stored. Basically, find Outlook folders and select OST files and delete it. But, in case the probability arises where you don’t know the location of OST files, then in that case, follow the steps listed below. Keep one thing in mind that different Outlook versions have different storage location for OST files.
- Stop Outlook (If it is Running).
- Go to Run window or press windows key + r.
- Type “%LOCALAPPDATA%\Microsoft\Outlook\” in the Run window and snap OK.
Note: The command listed above automatically navigates for .ost file storage location from any Outlook edition i.e., 2016/2013/2010/2007/2003/2000.
- Select .ost files and right-tap on it and after that hit on Delete key
Ways to Recreate OST File in Outlook 2016/2013/2010/2007
Creating Outlook OST file is very simple basically the steps are jotted below through which the process can be accomplished. After deleting Offline Folders the users need to create OST files for making Outlook work correctly. In the segment below, you will discover proper steps to make OST file in Outlook 2013/2010/2007.
- Open Tools menu from Outlook 2007, and in case of Outlook 2010/2013/2016 hit File tab and then select Info button
- Click Account Setting and then double tap on Microsoft Exchange
- From Setting option hit on More Setting option
- Click Advance tab and then hit Offline Folder File Setting (In Outlook 2013, click on Offline Data File Setting)
- Provide path for saving OST files and then click OK. Default name of OST files is Outlook.ost
- In case of Error message and then click OK
” .ost couldn’t be found. Would you like to create it?”
- Afterwards, click OK and then select Finish
Know the Ways How to Recreate OST File in Outlook 2003/2000?
The below listed article will help you in creating OST files in Outlook 2003/2000. All you need to do is that follow the steps properly and then synchronize Outlook with Microsoft Exchange Server.
- Open MS Outlook and then go to Tools menu and tap on E-mail Account.
- Then select View or Change Existing Mail Account and afterwards click Next.
- Find Outlook Process Email for the Account in Following Order box and then tap on MS Exchange Server and click Change.
- Choose More Setting alternative.
- Select Advance tab from menu and click Offline Folder File Settings.
- Now in File box provide path of OST file to be saved and click Ok.
Note: By default the OST files name is Outlook.ost
- In case an error message is prompted like below. Then, click on OK button
” .ost couldn’t be found. Would you like to create it again?”
- In the end click Next and select Finish.
In this topic we have discussed a lot about how to delete .ost files and furthermore how to recreate OST files after deletion. The ways provided in the article are quite easy and can be managed well to delete and recreate OST in Outlook 2016/2013/2010/2007/2003/2000.