Let us assume the functional exchange 2010 server got crashed due to hardware failure, here are few steps that need to build the server again. Showing up this in a demo will take long time and the steps mentioned will guide you to recover a crashed server.
- Arrange a new Server with the same operating system as like the failed server and assign the same drive letter for the databases and the log files directory
- Reset the Active Directory Account for failed server
- Install and configure the perquisites that are needed to install Exchange Server 2010
- Ensure the network connectivity and configure the new computer with the correct IP address same like the crashed one
- Join the new computer with the domain controller with the same computer name as a failed server
- Run the setup Mode:recoverserver
- Restore databases on the location of the new Disks, if needed replay the transaction logs
- If it is non mailbox servers, restore the configuration files from backup or from other servers like transport server customized configuration for Hub and External and Internal access URLs for Client Access Server etc.