Here we will talk about how to migrate Lotus Notes to Office 365 Exchange Online and if you want to switch Office 365 then this blog will help you.”
At this time many organizations are switching to Microsoft Office 365, Office 365 is getting popular day by day because it provides several benefits and offers for its users. Many small and large businesses are migrating from another platform to Office 365 and mostly those who are using Lotus Notes. Just because Lotus Notes is difficult to use, so in this article I am going to explain how to migrate Lotus Notes to Office 365 Exchange online.
Method 1: Import IBM Lotus Notes to Office 365 using IMAP
Lotus Notes is not easy to use for novice and non-technical users. It is very expensive and maintenance cost is also high, that’s why most of the users convert from Lotus Notes to Office 365.
Note: IMAP converter is one way to import IBM Lotus notes to Office 365 manually.
Step 1: Create a backup of Lotus Notes NSF files
First of all, you need to back up all the existing users mailboxes because your NSF file may be corrupted during migration. At that time, you can recover your data from a backup file.
Step 2: Create a new mailbox for each user
When you make backups, you will have to create a new mailbox for each user holding an existing account in Lotus Notes.
Step 3: Enable IMAP TCP/IP port for all User
Enable IMAP of all users.
- First, open your Domain Administrator in Lotus Notes
- Now, click on the Configuration tab
- After that, you need to open Server Document which executes the IMAP server.
- When it’s open, then go to Ports>> Internet Port >> Mail Tab.
- Now, change the “TCP/IP port value status” to Enable in the mail (IMAP) column
- At last, click on Save and then Exit
Step 4: Connect with IMAP connector
At last, use the IMAP connector to sync emails in Office 365 from IBM Lotus Notes email client. Once you follow these above steps, the environment of migration Lotus Notes to Office 365 becomes possible.
Drawbacks of manually migration Lotus Note to Office 365:
- The firewall and proxy server may block the internet connection.
- If the lotus notes email is a disabled state, then it will not give the permission to IMAP.
- If IMAP connector restricts the transfer of calendar entries, then it must be executed manually.
- If the NSF files have more than 1GB in size are not migrate.
- The calendar item has to be manually migrated.
- The migration process takes a lot of time.
- Only a technical person can migration without any problem.
Method 2: Lotus Notes to Office 365 using third-party Solution
You can also use third-party Lotus Notes to Office 365 tool and it will migrate all items like emails, attachments, calendar, address book, appointments etc. at a time without losing any data. In that process, you don’t need to enable IMAP or other permission. There are many third- party tool available, you can just google it.
In this post, I will explain how to migrate Lotus Notes to Office 365, and here I discuss two possible ways, one is manually and the other is using the tool. You can do any of these. You can choose. Now, if you still have any doubt then just leave a message in the comment box.